A story that began 125 years ago, in the far east of Luxembourg, next to the Sûre river. A farmers’ family with little land, a few cattle, and famous for their good food. Everything started in 1897 with Pierre Wengler who turned his passion into his profession. He began to produce wines and spirits, and ran a small bistro-restaurant at the same time.
In 1919, Jean-Pierre Wengler stopped farming and constructed the main house to further develop the wines and spirits production, adding organic juices.
After World War 2, Albert Wengler and his brother, Paul, were struggling with the business proposition. People wanted to have wines from the Mosel valley, the Sûre region had no reputation for wine production. In addition, global brands with artificial aromas and concentrates were arising to the detriment of our spirits and organic juice production.